Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) was founded in 1942 along the Menominee River in Marinette, Wisconsin to meet America’s growing demand for naval construction. From humble beginnings with a contract to build five wooden barges, FMM has grown into a world-class shipbuilder, having designed and built more than 1,500 vessels.
Parent company, FINCANTIERI, has recently completed a $73.5 million capital expansion program for Fincantieri Marinette Marine which has transformed FMM into a modern shipbuilding powerhouse, now…..
Learn more about Marinette Marine
Extended Team Members
Executive Control Board Representative: Joe Stark
Planning, Production Processes, & Facilities Panel: Bob Watkins (Vice Chair)
- Evaluation of State of the Art GMAW Welding Technologies for Aluminum (Participant)
- Design for Maintenance Training Project (Participant)
- Leveraging Detail Design Data in Weight Engineering Phase II (Participant)
- Cost Savings Comparison in Application of Polysiloxane vs. Silicone Alkyd Topcoats (Lead)
- Improved Advanced Watertight Door Finalization Program (Participant)
- Robust Functional Paperless Paint Phases I & II (Participant)
For more information on these and other projects, click through to Project Portfolio