General Dynamics NASSCO traces its beginnings to the industrial heart of San Diego, along the working waterfront on beautiful and historic San Diego Bay. The company has been designing and building ships in San Diego’s industrial corridor since 1960 and is the only full service shipyard on the West Coast of the United States.
Today, General Dynamics NASSCO has locations on both the West and East Coasts. The company specializes in the design and construction of auxiliary and support ships for the U.S. Navy and oil tankers and dry cargo carriers for commercial markets.
Learn more about General Dynamics NASSCO
Extended Team Members
Welding Technology: Mike Sullivan (Vice Chair)
- Assisted Decision Support for Outfitting Work Content Palletization (Lead)
- Swage Panel SVR Rule Development (Lead)
- Rigging Follow-On Research and Development (Lead)
- Partial Blast of Ultra High Solids Coated Tanks (Participant)
- Developing a High Mobility Manufacturing Robot (HMMR) for Ship Compartments (Participant)
- Validation of Analysis Methods for Padeye Attachment under Dynamic Loading Through Destructive Testing (Lead)
- Production Information Standards for Incorporating Lifting Lugs and Backup Structure (Lead)
- Technical Memory Management System for Shipyards (Participant)
For more information on these and other projects, click through to Project Portfolio