LiftShip 2 (2018-451-003)
Fincantieri Marinette Marine, HII - Ingalls Shipbuilding, Halter Marine, Austal USA, Genoa Design International, Ship Architects, Inc (SAi), ShipConstructor Software USA, ATA Engineering, Altair Engineering
September 2020 – August 2022
INDUSTRY INVESTMENT: $1.1M | NSRP ASE INVESTMENT $1.8M
The LiftShip 2 team will investigate the ability to extend the capabilities created during the LiftShip project (2018-438), the ability to quickly generate a Finite Element Model (FEM) provides analysts a rapid turn-around on analysis and opens further use case possibilities for more implementations.
This project intends to address these general objectives:
- Turning support for complex lift operations
- Visual reporting of FEA analysis results
- Imported Level-of-Detail options
These general objectives relate directly to the ability to extend and enhance the capabilities of the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in the shipbuilding enterprise for lifts. It is the intention of the project team to provide the groundwork for increasing the usability and utility of FEA systems for advanced analysis in material handling operations.
- Automatic calculations based on multiple scenarios
- More robust reporting including animation/video output
- Tools for easy modification of imported structure to address appropriate Level of Detail
Point of Contact: Erik Bjorkner | SSI | firstname.lastname@example.org