Knowledge Provisioning to Improve and Simplify ABS Digital Compliance (2019-474-001)
- Auros Knowledge Systems
- Conrad Shipyard
- Hepinstall Consulting Group Inc.
- Victoria Dlugokecki, P.E.
NSRP ASE Investment: $150K
This project provided a toolset to digitize ABS rules, allowing shipyards to provision them into functional and detailed design processes. This avoided the need to manually develop and update design check sheets when ABS releases updated rules and requirements. Digitization of the ABS rules delivered the following efficiencies for the shipyards:
- At the initiation of a ship program, required check sheets for that program will automatically be generated containing the applicable ABS rules.
- The ABS rules will be aligned with SWBS and other relevant attributes allowing ABS rule updates to automatically be provisioned into existing design check sheets for active design programs, avoiding manual intervention. This provides both efficiency and quality by avoiding design flaws due to a check sheet not being properly updated.
- Compliance to the ABS rules will be captured within generated assessments to provide ABS a more efficient mechanism to verify design compliance.
Final Report – Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited