- Welding and other material joining technologies.
- Inspection methods that may be used to determine the acceptance of a weld.
- Pre/post welding process technologies (i.e. PWHT and other processes).
Panel Focus Areas
- Investigate technology to improve welding productivity.
- Investigate technology to improve welding quality.
- Research in reducing distortion and residual stress.
- Technology for weld processes.
- Technology for welding procedures.
- Technology for welding equipment, power sources, end effectors, and delivery mechanisms.
- Technology for welding inspection.
- Development of welding filler materials and gases.
- Research for base material developments for welding efficiency, plate, pipe, castings, forgings).
- Software for weld data collection, weld processes, weld procedures.
- Tools and fixtures for both material preparation, fitting and welding.
- Research in design details for adequate ship performance and weld producibility.
- Support new technology for ship hull construction and pipe systems.
- Robotic applications for ship construction.
- Support all welding technology that might eventually lead to a future development even though there is no immediate application.
- Guidance for welding engineering development.
- Guidance for welder training for production.
- Research methods to reduce rework.
- Investigate process limitations and capabilities.
Questions/Comments – Contact the Panel Coordinator