NSRP’s major focus areas that map to the Ship Design and Material Technologies (SDMT) Panel are:
- Promotion of Modular Construction
- Reduction of Re-work
- Improving Production Engineering
- Improving Specifications and Standards
- Improving Integration of Shipboard Warfare Systems
- Reduction of Total Ownership Costs
Panel Focus Areas
In addition to the NSRP major focus areas, the SDMT Panel will focus more specifically in the following areas:
- Improving technologies in early ship design.
- Improving integration of all shipboard systems and undefined mission systems during design.
- Improvement of design technologies, including design and analysis tools, to reduce costs in production engineering and construction.
- Investigate material technologies to improve material performance, standardization, and overall material processes while reducing part count and total ownership costs during all phases of ship design and construction.
- Reduction of re-work in all areas of ship design and construction.
- Improving specifications and standards and investigating new technologies that can be incorporated into Rules or technical requirements documents for both commercial and naval shipbuilding programs.
- Collaborate and partner with other NSRP panels on topics and initiatives that encompass the other panel focus areas.
For questions, comments, or to subscribe to this panel please complete the form below.