NSRP’s major focus areas that map to the Ship Design and Material Technologies (SDMT) Panel are:
- Promotion of Modular Construction
- Reduction of Re-work
- Improving Production Engineering
- Improving Specifications and Standards
- Improving Integration of Shipboard Warfare Systems
- Reduction of Total Ownership Costs
Panel Focus Areas
In addition to the NSRP major focus areas, the SDMT Panel will focus more specifically in the following areas:
- Improving technologies in early ship design.
- Improving integration of all shipboard systems and undefined mission systems during design.
- Improvement of design technologies, including design and analysis tools, to reduce costs in production engineering and construction.
- Investigate material technologies to improve material performance, standardization, and overall material processes while reducing part count and total ownership costs during all phases of ship design and construction.
- Reduction of re-work in all areas of ship design and construction.
- Improving specifications and standards and investigating new technologies that can be incorporated into Rules or technical requirements documents for both commercial and naval shipbuilding programs.
- Collaborate and partner with other NSRP panels on topics and initiatives that encompass the other panel focus areas.
Questions/Comments – Contact the Panel Coordinator