Robust Functional Paperless Paint Phase II, Future State Implementation (2014-431)
- BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards
- Marinette Marine
- Elzly Technology Corporation
NSRP ASE Investment: $150K
The goal of this project was to update the existing Robust Functional Paperless paint software system that was designed to populate the Navy Standard Item 009-32 appendices. The original project’s focus was on the User Interface and the functionality for those using the software on the deck plates. This follow-up project incorporated features which take advantage of the paperless technology in the QA process such as: electronic event notification, auto-flagging out of spec conditions, automating Non-Conformance reporting and resolution, providing quality control reports for contractor process improvement, and making as-needed improvements to the data collection and reporting process. This project succeeded in accomplishing three objectives:
- Expanded the user base familiar with the product as it may apply to US Navy Preservation QA/QC. 27 user accounts at 6 shipyards were established under this program.
- Actively engaged NAVSEA waterfront personnel in dialogue about the products use for Navy ship repair.
- Implemented software updates based on user feedback and updated to meet the most recent NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32 requirements
Final Report – Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited