Lifecycle Integrated Data Environment (2015-445)
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Siemens Product Lifecycle Management
March 2015 - February 2017
NSRP ASE Investment: $1.0M
Industry Investment: $1.0M
Create a shipbuilding data environment in order to improve customer access to OEM technical data needed to support Service Lifecycle Management (SLM) and further enable the Navy in its efforts to move from a drawing centric to a data centric environment.
This project will leverage new capabilities in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to better integrate Shipyards and Stakeholders. Teamcenter Unified (TcU) is the current production PLM software in use by Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS), Ingalls, General Dynamics Electric Boat (GDEB), and Bath Iron Works. By developing a common Graphical User Interface (GUI) in Teamcenter Community (TcC), hereafter referred to as the Integrated Data Environment, and leveraging PLM solutions with workflow templates to support Navy build, maintenance, and support activities, this project should specifically address the need for users to quickly find subsets of data related to their specific task and engineering discipline.
The project team will upgrade and integrate the PLM NeXt 3D product model with an upgrade to the established IDE. This project will be devoted to:
- Developing a common Graphical User Interface (GUI) for all stakeholders.
- Providing a user friendly portal for Navy and other stakeholder access.
- Providing an IDE with single source for accessing ship OEM technical data.
- Providing a framework for security access and configuration control of selected ship data
Benefits of this project include:
- Development of a standard reduced time for stakeholders to access and exchange data
- Reduced time to access information for problem resolution
- Provision of light 3D product model view in addition to 2D drawings
- Support of the concept of drawing elimination
- Provide OEM data from user desktop
Point of Contact:
Dave Haskiell, Newport News Shipbuilding