Foreign Shipyard Coating Benchmarking Study (2013-400)
- Elzly Technology Corporation
- General Dynamics NASSCO
- BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards
- Marinette Marine
- General Dynamics Bath Iron Works
- Newport News Shipbuilding
NSRP ASE Investment: $148K
In 2012 and 2013, a team from the Surface Preparation & Coatings Panel visited shipyards in Europe and Japan in order to benchmark their current coatings-related processes against those in use within the United States. The information gathered was divided into three categories:
1. Immediate Take-aways – Things that U.S. shipyards could adopt almost immediately with little or no cost or additional research.
2. Short-term Opportunities – Items that are possibly well-suited to the NSRP Panel Project process.
3. Medium/Longer Term Opportunities – Items that would involve work across department boundaries and with suppliers of equipment/enabling technologies; requiring greater time and resources or suited to academic research.
Final Report – Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited
Request More Information – Limited Distribution authorized to U.S. shipyards and NSRP ASE Program representatives