The National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) has released a Panel Project Solicitation for R&D white papers. The accompanying Panel Project Guide contains details on the white paper review and selection process as well as contracting requirements and formatting guidelines.
NOTE: For proposers that intend to submit the same project to multiple panels: please notify the affected panel chairs as soon as possible.
The deadline for proposers to submit white papers to Panel Chairs and ATI is 12:00pm ET on August 12, 2019.
The deadline for Panel Chairs to submit their reviewed and selected white papers and signed verification letter from their respective panels is 12:00pm ET on September 5, 2019.
The NSRP Executive Control Board (ECB) regularly allocates funding for a portfolio of projects which are solicited through the 9 NSRP Panel and meet the following criteria:
Duration: 12 months or less
Funding: $150K or less
Focus: Should align with the mission of one or more NSRP Panels and the overall objectives of the Program.
Participation: At least one member shipyard should be a project participant– multiple shipyard participation is strongly encouraged
Panel White Paper Submission and Selection
- Proposers submit white papers to Panel Chair
- Panel Members review and prioritize white papers
- Panel Chairs submit final white paper selection to ATI
- ATI reviews for technical and cost compliance
- Complete white paper portfolio is presented by the Panel Chairs (or their designees) to the Executive Control Board for selection and award